At BNP Paribas Securities Services (BNP Paribas) we know that every market is different. We offer our clients the scale of a global custodian while providing access to local experts across Australia and New Zealand, as well as 26 other key markets. Our team of market experts pride themselves on the relationships they build with clients and can help your business benefit from the opportunities and meet the challenges of Australia and New Zealand.
BNP Paribas Securities Services Australia at a glance
In Australia, our parent group, BNP Paribas SA, has been operating for over 130 years and is the oldest foreign bank in the region. We been providing domestic custody and asset services in Australia for over 20 years. Today we are the third largest custodian in the market, with over AU$500 billion in assets under custody.
- The fastest growing third party clearer in Australia
- #1 rank by the ASX for settlement efficiency in 2019
- 1st custodian to go live for real-time corporate actions announcements using ASX ISO20222 new capabilities.
- Intraday/overnight financing supported by a strong balance sheet and funding capabilities (AUD)
Our goal is to assist the drive for change while ensuring global best practices are met in the local market. We represent our clients’ interests via participation in a number of the local working groups and are committed to taking a market node on day one with a ledger API that will connect to the ASX CHESS replacement. We have worked closely with the ASX as a trusted advisor in this capacity.
BNP Paribas Securities Services New Zealand at a glance
BNP Paribas has been in New Zealand since 2002. In New Zealand we are the second largest custodian with NZD$92bn in assets under custody. We are also the fastest-growing custodian with a 30% share of the NZ Kiwisaver market.
- The only custodian to be appointed as a Depository Participant on the NZ Stock Exchange [CSD] (NZX).
- We offer access to both Central Securities Depositories (CSDs) in the New Zealand market - the NZX CSD and the Reserve of Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) CSD (NZClear).
- We can seamlessly move securities between NZX and NZClear CSDs to minimise the number of market movements.
- Access to the NZX CSD enables the ability to reduce the relatively high cost of operating in the New Zealand market through lower settlement costs with the added benefit that our client’s broker charges are decreased with the removal of the need to move stock across CSDs.
- Intraday/overnight financing supported by a strong balance sheet and funding capabilities (NZD).
- The first custodian to go live with Straight-Through-Processing (STP) NZX announcements for automated corporate action releases.
- The only bank clearer on the NZX dairy & NZX equity derivatives market in New Zealand.
- The ability to bundle both Australia and New Zealand custody services with one legal entity (BP2S Australia Branch) allows for the streamlining of KYC, rate cards and documentation whilst also simplifying the on-boarding process.
Contact us for information
 ACSA as at December 2019
 ASX monthly report
 Strategic Insight
 Plan for Life Actuaries & Researchers