In this research paper, we explore the uptake and opinion on outsourced dealing from a range of investment management companies across Europe and look at what makes this service a credible option to achieve greater efficiencies and improved execution. Our research includes the input of 30 investment managers, surveyed by Sionic in February and March 2019.
The approach was to gain opinion:
- Geographically across Europe – representative firms from the UK, France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Portugal
- By size of firm – categorised by AUM of €2 to €30 billion; €30 to €60 billion and €60 billion upwards
- By type of firm – these ranged from in-house pension managers, wealth managers, and institutional fund managers through to the large global managers
- By role – those interviewed were Fund Managers, COOs, Heads of Compliance and Heads of Dealing. In summary 57% had operational roles and 43% were investment professionals
Download the white paper to learn more about outsourced dealing.
* We consider “investment managers” to include asset managers, asset owners, sovereign wealth funds and wealth managers. Respondents were surveyed in February and March 2019.